Nevado Ampato 6 380 m.s.n.m.
ROUTE: Pampa Sallalli
SCHEDULE: Departure at 7:30 a.m.
GRADO DE DIFICULTAD: Without technical difficulty. Good physical condition. Ice material.
First Day: Arrive to the Paso de Patapampa at 4 850 m.a.s.l. We continue through the Sallali annex until 5 100 m.a.s.l. (6 hours in mobility) with an impressive view of the sacred Inca snowy. Installation of the Base Camp (with chairs and dining tent).
Lunch. In the afternoon review of the program and planning of the climb. Dinner. Overnight
Second Day: At 6:30 a.m. we had breakfast. Start of trek along the slope of the volcano. Installation of the Height Camp I at 5 300 m.a.s.l. o Height Camp II at 5 400 m.a.s.l. with 4 or 5 hours of walking respectively. Light lunch at the Camp. Awesome view of the Andean sunset. In the evening, dinner and overnight.
Third Day: Early start of the hike. Arrival at the summit before noon. Impressive view of the Colca Canyon and the Southern Volcanic Mountain Range of Peru. Descent to the High Camp and then to the Base Camp. Return to Arequipa at night.
- Official UIAGM Mountain Guide (International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations).
- Auxiliary Guide (more than four passengers).
- Porters (according to the number of passengers) of water and tents.
- Mobility 4 x (depending on the number of pax).
- Food to cook in the camp (01 breakfast, 01 lunch, 01 dinner).
- Two-person tents, crampons, ice axes, flask, first aid kit, kitchen utensils, etc.
- Dining tent and kitchen tent.
- Complete pharmacy, radios and satellite phones.
- Oxygen within the mobility
SERVICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Personal equipment: sleeping bag, warm clothes, sunglasses, walking sticks, boot covers, front flashligth, boots, big backpack, small backpack, etc.
- The Main Guide will coordinate with the Auxiliary Guide and / or porters the descent of the passenger that decides to return to the Base Camp due to fatigue or others, so that he does not walk alone in the mountain.
Customers will bring all their personal equipment on the day of the ascent, such as warm clothes, crampons, ice axes, water, sunglasses, etc.
- The water carriers are extremely important, the Ampato has snow and ice but with volcanic ash.
- Porters will only carry tents, water and food. Which will be called porters of expedition. If additional porters are desired, they charge 20 Kg. (In equipment, food or water), and the price is $ 30 per day, which leaves a total of $ 90.00 per additional porter. Customers will carry all their personal equipment such as sleeping bags, crampons, etc.
- If any Client decides to descend to Arequipa before the General Program, the costs of this decision such as transportation, food, lodging, etc. will be assumed by him.
- If there are changes in the Itinerary due to the weather, physical, mental or technical condition will not be the responsibility of the organization D. S. 028-2004 Mountain Guideline Regulations.
- The Personal Equipment such as warm clothes, sunglasses, backpacks, walking sticks, boots, crampons, etc. They are not included in the service.
- The double-traction mobility will remain at the tip of the road, in case of having an emergency descent.
- We recommend having a thermos for hot water and a Nalgene bottle for cold water, as well as boots for the approach and another pair of boots for the ascent, suitable for the cold and a pair of walking sticks.
- In case of not having a Personal Team from the general list, these can be rented at the Base Office of Arequipa.